Import & Export Disclosures in International Trade
Disclosing your mistakes on Imports & Exports Errors made while transporting goods to and from the United States may give rise to substantial monetary penalties under Customs laws. These penalties, however, may be avoided or reduced by filing the proper voluntary self-disclosure and/or prior disclosure.
- What’s the difference between a voluntary self-disclosure (VSD) and prior disclosure (PD)?
- When should I submit a disclosure?
- Will I be protected if I submit a VSD or PD?
- What if I don’t file any disclosure?
- What kinds of fines and penalties can I expect?